Spa Gardens at the Kurhaus

Coloured disc along the sound trail

Spa gardens with fountain ponds, rose-, fragrance- and herb gardens, panoramic hill, Klanggarten® (sound garden), sound installation systems, walk-on sundial, secluded seating areas, wheelchair-friendly, start of the ARS-NATURA circular route X 8 a, the planet's path and the "Nordic Walking route". The Kurhaus is open all-year-round. Waters of the "Heilquelle Löwensprudel" (Löwensprudel mineral spring) can be taken daily from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Spa Gardens at the Löwensprudel

At the Brunnentempel (well temple) of the mineral spring

Spa gardens with well-maintained old stock of trees, fountain ponds, water treading and arm basins, relaxation area, Brunnentempel of the Löwensprudel mineral spring. The Brunnentempel is open for taking the waters from Easter until the end of October from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. - 10.45 a.m.

 

 

 

 

Evangelical Church Bad Zwesten

The fortified church is enthroned high above Bad Zwesten

The oldest sections of the church date from the 11th century. The church was built as a fortified church. The arrow slits can still be seen in the tower today. Sections of the surrounding 2 - 3 m high defence walls are still intact. Worthy of note are the organ, altar, carved alter cross and the old tombstone slabs. The two galleries lend the interior of the church a theatrical air.

 

Bad Zwesten Castle

The Manor House and the Kavaliershaus (Cavaliers' House)

Manor house built in 1782 in the restrained, elegant architectural style of the 18th century. A small landscaped park is attached to the castle. The Hotel Garni "Kavaliershaus Schloss Bad Zwesten" (**** DEHOGA), a wellness farm as well as a clinic for cosmetic dentistry, implantology and plastic surgery can be found in the adjoining buildings. Since both the castle and park are privately owned, neither is open to the public.

 

Fortified Church in Niederurff

The fortified church is surrounded by thick walls

First documented in 1085, the fortified church once formed a defensive unit with the castle on the opposite side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Niederurff Castle

The "long structure" of Niederurff Castle

Former castle and ancestral seat of the Lords of Urff. The "long structure" dates from the year 1500. The castle moat was constructed as a dry ditch and is still well preserved. A beautiful park is attached to the grounds. Since both the castle and park are privately owned, neither is open to the public.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Löwenstein Castle Ruins

The still mighty keep is now a popular lookout tower

Frome the erstwhile great castle in the Löwensteiner Grund, only the keep, sections of the cellar vaults, the ramparts and the moat still remain today. The castle was first documented in 1253. The tower was made accessible again in 2002 and provided with a roof. From here, magnificent views across the "Löwensteiner Grund", the Schwalmpforte and the National Park Region Kellerwald-Edersee can be found. The  Jausenstation (mountain hut serving simple, local food and drink) at the foot of the Löwenstein Castle ruins is well worth a visit.

 

 

 

Jagdschloss Oberurff (Hunting Lodge)

Nowadays the school administration is situated in the Jagdschloss

The palace was built in neo-Baroque style in 1860 and served Prince Philipp of Hanau, a son of the last elector in Hessen, as a hunting lodge. It now belongs to the Jugenddorf Christophorusschule which runs a private boarding grammar school.

 
 
No pages in collection.
  Welcome to the Discovery Region Edersee!
Deutsch
Nederlands
English